Charity boot sale

Hmm, this is a not really a travel story. But I had never done a boot sale, so this was a first and could be considered some sort of adventure. It felt odd to be selling things from the car boot, not to mention, not even my own things :). Redtide and shan had contributed to me some things to sell for their support for the event, though they were not able to make it. Just their stuff along, it was already occupying a carseat.

Organised by ONE.MOTORING. Don't play play


Lau Kaos from outer space


The avenue was Turfcity and I met up with Hiliary and Danny. I was given the a parking lot right at the end of the long line. Driving up the ramp, I was surprised tha the event looked like a major one, with tentages all covering a good part of the upper story carpark. But most of the stalls were for the Turf city something something carnival and our boot sale was just a double line of 20 or so cars beside the tentage. Not bad although a little hot when the sun was shining.

Voted best shop in the world


I proceeded to lay out the "goodies" on my little mat. To my surprise, I had a couple walking by me and asking how much for the baygon repellant electric plug. I supposed the chingkungunya virus was freaking everyone out and mozzie repellants must be all snapped up. I plucked a number from my head and mumbled "a dollar". They opened up the unit and asked how come the the glass vial was like 1/4 full only. Eh..not knowing what to say, I quickly countered "ok lah, 50 cts". :) They were sold and bought 2. Not bad salesmanship, I would say :D

*psst* Got sell auntie red underwear? I need for CNY


This shop things very cheap hor?


Dunno how much I can get for my stroller?


The day was like kind of slow and not much people were walking around. Most people were not aware about the boot sale, not surprisingly. I heard someone calling a friend asking him to come to check out the boot sale.

"Jaws" came along with friend Andrew to visit me. I gave her my "poor thing no money" look, but darn, it didn't work on her. She left without buying anything.

Brudders! Quick come...this better than Singapore sales wor!


Who is this HANDSOME uncle taking my picture?


How much can sell the sports rims?


Some of the PFs came along too, and I offered my "goods" at "jump down from ten story" prices seeing that they are my friends and all. Most of the stuff were then quickly snatched up. Isaac came with GF and I "tricked" Isaac into buying GF a lovable doll for her for valentine's day. GF got the hint and asked to buy my car for a dollar....naughty girl.

Steps to setup a shelter










The afternoon weather wasn't too good and it drizzled on and off. Car next to me was quite poor thing as they had a good spread of stuff. And the rain required them to pack and unpack repeatedly. It eventually poured heavily in the late afternoon and most of the cars by then decided that "business" wasn't too good and decided to close shop for good. Who ask them to sell things so expensive? By the end of the day, I made a tidy profit of $16 for the good of charity. Someone quick hire me as sales manager. :))

Yay..I go collect money. (I llove this job)


The event ended with poor Hiliary doing her "loan shark collect money or else" rounds. By then, most of the participants were hiding in the bushes and running away from her. But she finally closed her accounts with a satisfied grin, relieved that she had finished her last project rather successfully. I found out today that even selling things for charity wasn't that easy. Now I understand why monks got to walk down tall building to get people to donate.

Quick. Help with the gold studded one of the kind buddha head


My neighbour


How her car can fit so many things?


Wah..cheaper than this fashion


Mit-I car club



Friendly lady


The car so cute!


Wah. She jammed so many things inside!


Prospective buyers


Dynamic Pom Pom chopstick sisters


Table and chair for sale too


Last year's xmas toys


Anyone need facial cleanser?


RC hobbyist corner


Party balloons (before)


My ferrari parking lot


The "Boss" car


Wah, all your things so good quality one?


One way to get attention


Another way to get attention


Is there a beach around here?


Boy demostrating his "drifting" skills


Party balloons (after)

Comments

Anonymous said…
hehe, was looking for good 2nd hand fishing rod and reel for sale from that blue pica's boot, but didn't see any leh :)

idsi2004
nafishnafish said…
hehe. 2nd hand fishing rod all choop by kakis, so no more left...

Popular Posts