Hort Garden



To be honest, I had totally no idea that this place existed. It was only that I spied the alexandra bridge and the thought of exploring it made me make a turn into this carpark, which led me to this amazing place that was like hidden in between Alexander and Bukit Merah. A told me that she had heard about it in the News, which that at that time, I thought she was mistaken.

The afternoon wasn't too hot, but it was indeed humid enough to make a visit to Hort Garden a rather sweaty affair. From the way it is built, it really reminded me of places that I had visited in other european countries. And to add to the realism, there was an ang moh (german?) family that was there with their bunch of very noisy kids. So, it kinda felt like we were not in Singapore. Only the humidity was reminding us we have not left the mainland.

Quality built playground


The park was rather fun for children as there were like 3 areas where a child could play with swings, slides and structures to climb.



Right at the end of the garden, there were some exhibits of prototype glass houses. From what I could peep into, the flowers and plants were growing very lushy into the glass house.

Quite an interesting discovery. And I thought I knew Singapore pretty well. It was not just everyday that I could wander somewhere to find that there are places that I have not been.













Kung Fu Panda trained here




Phua chu kang was here


Reach out for the skies


Don't bump into her at night


Playground


The lion with no heart


Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz


Wintermelon


Brinjal


Peanut


Bitter gourd


Water melon


Star fruit tree!




Upside down tree (the leaves are growing downwards)














Comments

Popular Posts