Gunung Lambak Water Park, Mini-World and Batu Pahat Mall

This long weekend creeped up without my knowing. With nothing planned, I decided to run up JB to visit yet another Water Park, continuing my Water Park exploration series. Most of the others that I had yet to go were quite far. But this one looked quite doable, Gunung Lambak Water Park at 100+ km away.

Gunung Lambak at the back. (500m high)


Quite empty at the start


Come play with me


Ticket is photocopied, with the same serial number


It was in the area around Kluang/Batu Pahat. Reaching there, it was indeed very small and nothing quite interesting and quite poorly maintained. But seeing that we had travelled some 100+km to reach here, we paid the entrance ticket and let D play with the water there. I was also surprised to see some Singaporean cars there.

There was only one main pool. Water didn't look that clean either. When we arrived, there were only 2 other children in it. But more children came later. At RM5 for adult and RM3 for children, it was a wonder that people were willing to pay for this.

Mini-World


How Leaning tower of Pisa got it's tilt


Let's do the twist


Now I have been to Eiffel tower


So boring that these chaps were sleeping


Better than HDB


The little mermaid statue looked..transexual


There is a brick making factory nearby


Fire!


We left shortly and I drove aimlessly towards the NSH. From my GPS, there was this attraction called "Mini World". Well, sounded interesting enough. I drove there and we were soon at the place. It wasn't much of a fun place, but it had it's hay days during 2005 from its past picture. During my visit, the place was mostly deserted with less than 10 visitors.

Carpark barely finished


Pacific hypermart, kind of like Giant


Sale!


Choice of 2 coffee place


We had ice cream for lunch


Some stores were not yet filled


Along the way, a huge Shopping mall loomed up on our left. I had passed by this before on the way to Batu Pahat, but had gone straight to "the store" instead. Now seemed a good time to explore this and I made a turn straight into the carpark.

The mall was very huge alright. So big that it was only 70% filled. There were still signs of constuction, and unfinished section. But at the lower levels, the mall was quite completed and decent. We settled to try out this Rengit coffee place, and it turned out that the coffee there was indeed nice.

Small fishing village


Kelongs? No, it moved later on


The Picanto that went everywhere


From there, I drove to the east coast and came upon a small fishing village. From a distance, I thought we saw 2 kelongs. But later, it turned out that they were moving. Therefore, not kelongs but some kind of barge.

Yikes. The car was wrecked


The lady's friends came


The driver was the girl in black (clutching her head)


We drove out and made our way down south, we came upon a turn where I saw out of the corner of my eyes a wrecked car in the ditch. And to my horrors, there was a lady in black moving outside the car. It struck me that she just had an accident. I stopped hastily and reversed my way back. Coming out of the car, I asked if she was alright. Her head was bleeding somewhat, but other than that, she looked quite in one piece rather miraculously. She had a phone with her and was making some calls. She told me in chinese that it was ok. She turned down my offer to bring her to hospital. Apparently, someone was coming. 5 minutes later, another car came by and it was her 2 guy friends. Seeing that help had arrived and she didn't need my help, we went back to the car and drove on. She was one lucky lady to have survived such a crash. D was visibily shaken and made sure that she put on her seat belt. :)

From there, the way down to JB was a gruelling one as the traffic was slow, often crawling down by some slow moving vehicle. Perhaps in future, I should avoid this road.

Comments

veryberrylovelyshila.blogspot.com said…
well nice info...

Popular Posts