Segamat Durian Trip



How are you feeling today?


Ya Kun Kaya bread style coffee shop


Uncle handsome, I shoot you


This must certainly be the most difficult trip to get together. Timing was quite bad for most and despite trying all avenues, I only could get 3 cars in total to venture up for Segamat Durians. However, it was rare to have Francis, JS and their little boy zhiyu (knowledge of the whole universe) to join me. Alan, Ry and TC, J and friend also came along.

We were a little late to set out from my house and got held up in a little jam at the checkpoint. Nothing too serious. Now the rest know why I usually asked to go over by 5.30am. We drove straight all the way from the checkpoint to the NSH, and made a rest stop at the Machap R&R. There, we had to wait for TC's car to arrive, which was like an hour.

We had some good breakfast and spent time catching up with each other. It had been some time since I met my good friends and it was nice for them to join me for this trip.

Country road


Followed by a slow poke red car


When TC finally arrived, we took off and reached the farm in about 1.5 hours. I took the advice of the GPS, and branched off from NSH at Yong Peng and took the small roads. Road was fairly clear and we made good speed. Upon arriving at the POI, I didn't see any building or house that screamed "durain farm". So we were like quite lost. We drove further down the road but that later took us away from all the nice durian trees and into a palm plantation. I tried calling mr gan but his phone was not in service. Backtracking, we came upon a clearing and saw people waving at us. That was it. We were finally there.

Yes, this is the road


How to eat durian trainig shed


2 basket of durians as an appetizer


I want to eat this one


This one better, kiddo


MSW


Eat till you broke


Eat your durian boy, it will make you strong


It made us strong too


We will grow and multiply and take over the world


The weak ones eat the leftovers


I will wait for it to drop on my head


Durian mobil


Tapoed for Singapore


The helpers quickly brought out baskets upon baskets of durians for us to eat. We had 101, 13, 18, local, MSW. The others, were not available yet. Durian was fresh and delicious although the many flies there made eating quite difficult. The children were squeamish about the flies landing on their durians and didn't eat much. We also took some pictures under the durian tree, until the workers told us that there is danger of the durians dropping on us.

After having our fill, some of us tapaoed durians back for friends. To my surprise, my little Pica was able to load 25kgs of durians. But my car now smelled durianlicious.

New ah pek car following us


Do you sell condoms?


No they don't


Uncle, how come the water don't have chlorine?


Like this very cooling


Wah, this Cherry QQ very Kiasu! Whole car filled with lew lians


Their internet broke down


After that, I took them to Gunung Ledang for a look see. But the weather started to rain and we didn't enjoy it much. ZY just had a couple minutes of dipping into the water and that was it. From there, it was shopping. But I mistakenly took the small roads which was slow and congested at many areas. I should have gone via the expressway instead. But we had a good dinner and then it was back to Singapore for further dispatches of durians to friends.

I like jie jie stripey


This is better than MSW durian. Can I have some more?

Comments

Las montañas said…
Hey, would love to join your car trips up north! Was wondering what to do this coming weekend.
nafishnafish said…
:)..join me at nafishnafish.ning.com If there are any events for roadtrips, we will announce there.
Dolby said…
Hi, i'm trying to organise a drive up to segamat for durian and stuffs.. and saw your blog.. was wondering if u are able to share contacts/ POIs with me? i'm looking at about 20 cars up north... but before that we are going to recce first. can pls help? heehee..

Ivan, 9695 0588.
Mrs.Irene Query said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts