Sarawak, Kuching Fishing Trip 12-16 July 2019



Super duper rod case

Having coffee with Peter

Half are old men

Arrival at Kuching. The boatman picked up

Get some snacks for the boat

Arrival at the jetty

Long jetty to the sea

Boat to spend our next 3 nights

Very spacious boat

Ocean Shadow

Timer shot

Our sleeping quarters (air con!)

Bait well

Other side of boat

Sure catch hooks from Peter!

Waiting for the catch of a lifetime

Ah yong got something!

This is Ben. Aspiring fisho

My first Tenggirri. On bait

Already filling up

Change bait type. Using sotong, target ang kuay

My first Ang Kuay

White fish

Peter caught 3 tenggirri on this jig

Freshest fish

Delicious

Finally a tenggirri on jig, on borrowed rod/jig from Aaron

He is on a roll

Very tough fight from this cat

This sucker took the rubber and gave me a tough fight on my light rod

I noticed the squids here go for the yellow rubber and not the squid jig. I invented this to make it work

And it worked!

Yet another one

She is good too

Impressive

Baby GT

I worked so hard to get this

He catching alot

Like fish market

Time for R&R

Sarawak Kolo mee

They are like brothers (actually father and son)

It's famous here

Peter's classic pose

This is a RM1200 dish! Kelah fish

Getting fish maw from the market

Comments

Popular Posts