Marina Barrage



This place just opened last week, but I was away on a Kelong Trip and didn't have the chance to see it till now. The drive there, was quite straight forward, but the carpark was horribly jammed. Probably due to people like me, always kaypo about new attractions in limited place to go Singapore.

Already lots of people fishing here


The walkway on the Dam


Like a great deck for fishing


It's so hot here


The reservoir itself was nothing much to look at. Being new and just opened, there are still signs of construction equipment around. Most of the trees are saplings and not fully grown yet. Alot of people already are gathering around here to fish.

View from the top


We were here


You are out!


Let the games begin!


There was the much hyped figure 9 park, that one could walk to the top of the Barrage structure for a "hill" top view.

Children water playground


It was a sunny day


Swing Singapore


There is a children water park, whereby the kids (big and small) can go wild and wet. Children would find this part of the park most fun.

Cameras all around. Better not hanky panky here


The most interesting thing to me however was that it made accessible a part of Singapore that was quite out of bounds. Opposite the main entrance of the Barrage, was none other than the infamous "Gay beach". From the pathway on top of the Dam, it led right to the beach on the other side. However, there was no way to drive in. My curiosity was very much aroused, when I saw peeps cycling there, coming in from the dirt road from the golf course.

Reaching the other end that was blocked by a flimsy red/white plastic tape, I did a quite look around for any security and lifted it over my head and made my way to the beach. D was complaining that I didn't follow rules, and was quite hestitant to follow me. But the walk there was rewarding and I saw a very prime stretch of breakwater overlooking very promising stretch of water.

Read about my adventures at Gay Beach here

Comments

Popular Posts