Visit to Watukarung, East Java (Day4)

Day1|Day2|Day3|Day4|Day5|Day6

The day before, we had some difficulty moving around as we couldn't get a car. This morning, I realized that A's brother, K had 2 motorbikes. That solved the transport problem and I borrowed the motorbike to move around. Over there, there wasn't any need to wear a helmet. In fact, it was even ok to sit 3 pax on a single bike.

With the new found freedom, we decided to ride to Srau beach that was like a couple of kms away. I had some adjusting to the road conditions there but soon got used to it. The way to Srau was a rather hilly one. Reaching there, I couldn't believe my eyes. The scenery was indeed breath taking.

On the left edge of the beach, there was a rocky cliff. i was wondering if one could fish from there. To our utmost surprise, we saw people seated right on top of the rocks doing fishing! All excited, we too made our way to the top and met up with them.

The man was a friendly sort and shared with us what bait he was using, and what fishes he was targeting. In this place, we were surprised to hear that todaks were a a valued fish and could fetch a high price for its meat. Here, todaks are called "pang jio". Quite funny.

I rigged up our rod and also tried fishing. Since I didn't have any bait, I dropped a tamban jig and hoped to get some bait fishes. But I didn't have any luck. Next was to try out luring. And on my first cast, I saw (water was clear) a grouper chasing after my lure. Encouraged, I lured and lured but the lure soon got stuck in the coral grounds.

That afternoon, A's brother, K had at my request arranged for a boat to bring out to the sea fishing. However, when the boat reached the middle of the sea, the waves were thrashing rather badly. Everyone had sea sick (except for me). I tried tamban jig but no luck. Seeing that, I tried luring and again hopeless. I let out the lure and the boat move around a little for some trolling. But nothing was biting at all. Seeing how everyone was turning green, I asked the boatman to return to shore.

That evening, A brought me to another side of the watukarung beach. At that time, it was low tide. Devoid of water, the whole beach was an interesting spectacle of corals and trapped marine life. We spent the hour picking up interesting things, and top shells which I ate later on.

Srau Beach
Please read the story from here
http://community.mocca.com/articles/rock-fishing-srau-beach-east-java



Boat fishing
Readying our boat


K releasing the rope


Picking us


Now in the Hi Sea


The rocking was none stop


Doing some trolling


Ok, cannot take it already


Splish splash




Only "fish" I caught


Low tide at Watukarung beach


Wide expense of this kind of corals


A fungus coral


Mad guy with fishing rod at such a place


No fish, take a rest


Hermit the crab


Sun is setting


Another angle


Mother & child


Sick goat
Goat fell sick due to eating some wrong food


Had to be killed so that it can be prepared halal


Burning off the fur


Day1|Day2|Day3|Day4|Day5|Day6

Comments

Popular Posts