Pedas Wet Word, Seremban , Gunung Datuk



Batu Pahat Wet world from our last trip was just a sister facility of 2 others: Sham Alam Wet World and Pedas Wet World. Seeing that the holidays were ending, I decided to make an outing to Pedas to let the children have one last fling of fun before school starts. I myself would have to get serious with my own work and job hunting.

The 200km road there


Mountain in the background


The one at Pedas was quite interesting, as it was actually a natural hot spring. I myself had never been to a proper one, and this would be an eye opener. (the last one at Gerisek didn't count).

Along the way, we passed by a signage pointing to Gunung Datuk. It looked interesting enough for me to visit it on the way back.

We have arrived!


Wet World mascot: A seahorse


Nice color coordinated drapes


When we arrived at Pedas Wet world, we found ourselves to be the only ones there. It was a quiet place, and not much of a crowd. Probably due to it being a friday. Appearance wise, it was smaller than the one at Batu Pahat. But still quite alright. The water was a brownish tint, I supposed that it being water from the spring itself.

Water umbrella


Hmm..there was actually a dresscode


Going down the tubes. It was closed after this


Spring water. Visibility was bad


Lazy river


Deep end


The children wasted no time to get changed and went on to try out all the facilities. The most interesting one being the sliding tube. But after they had gone twice, the lifeguard said that it was closed.

What has a lizard got to do with a hot spring?


The water is natural


And really HOT!


Proof of the temperature. A sizzling 50C


Underwater foot reflexology, anyone?


Pretty flowers


Managed to freeze the water shot


The children "caught" this


The water park


Mineral content of the hot spring


I too got changed with the intention to try out the hot spring. The rest of the water was not hot, except this small pool where the temperature was regulated. (Hm, I thought it was natural? How could they keep the temperature constant?)On the wall, there were some info on the breakdown of the mineral content of the water. It was supposedly good for health to bake in the water. The water was indeed very hot. Initially when we put our foot in, the immediate reaction was to pull back. At 50C, it was not the lukewarm type of water. I had to progressively submerge myself before I could tolerate the heat. Inside the pool, I was even perspiring. The "hot" of the hot spring was not joking matter.

Parting reminder


Shopping


View from the carpark


Inside the mall


Our lunch place


Seremban Parade


The children had fun for about 2 hours and thereafter we left the place to look for lunch. My trusty GPS guided me to Seremban Parade, just 20km north. The mall was quite decent, although somewhat smallish. We had lunch at a place called Station Kopitiam. The bill turned out to be expensive at RM69!

I was thinking what to do next when on my GPS, I spotted a lake. Thinking to do some freshwater fishing, I plotted the way there. But unfortunately, upon reaching the turning, the road turned out to be rough dirt road. To reach the edge of the lake, a 4WD would be needed. Too bad then, I had to turn around.

Road to Gunung Datuk


We were here


A waterfall here


Mango pudding best eaten on a mountain


Very old and big tree


We now proclaim this as our mountain


Chickens all running away from me


This stretch of NSH got a KFC over it


Remembering the Gunung that I had passed, I thought to pay it a visit. But this Gunung had no way to drive to the top, but only to the recreation resort below. We reached there, walked around and took some pictures. There was a small waterfall where a bunch of locals were playing and even washing their hair.

Jusco facade


View from the 2nd floor


My Xmas present!


Can I have a happy meal?


Recipe was good, therefore secret


After that, it was already about 5.30pm. Thinking to break the tradition of running to Terbreau Jusco, I instead headed for Jusco at Melaka. The place as compared to Jusco in JB, was more rundown, and very squeezed for space. Parking was quite a problem, with inconsiderate people leaving all their trolleys at the carpark. Shopping around, I got Era a Xmas present. We had a good dinner at Secret Recipe which came up to RM80. Only slightly more ex than the lunch at the kopitiam shop. I did my shopping for my coming BBQ here. At 8.30pm, we headed back for home, dashing all the 200km way in one single leap.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts