Trip to UK, Derby, London - Day 1

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6

[Day 1]

On the plane

Almost there, after a grueling 12 hours on the plane. 2 more hours to go





Moon in the sky, but my phone did not capture it well



Landed





 
At Heathrow airport. Where is my airport transfer?



Since I had no coins or a phone line, I had to use my credit card to call the company via payphone. Luckily I have the number

He finally appeared.



Nice car



Got caught in an hour long traffic jam, making the entire drive about 4 hours. Driver was a tall handsome Pakistani. Sad life story. He had a bustling food business, but his son died in a car crash 2 years ago. Heart broken, he gave up his business and only recently started to drive a cab





Many modern wind mills along the way



Rabbit Cloud





At the hotel









Heading to the Mall



Sotong, still don't know how to wear my winter jacket



Intu Mall, about 15 minutes walk from the Hotel



These eCigs/Vaping stores are quite common






My first meal in Derby. I did not eat much on the plane



Lamb and Mint. Fat lady serving me called me "Darling"



It's warm in the mall



Got myself a beanie "hat" to cover my head. It's cold..Superdry...wassup!?



Outside the Mall



Hunting for the Toys'r us that I saw on the way here



Google leading me the way. I got internet now














This is kind of a train station









Nobody around...perfect for serial killers









So excited, I spotted water! Wasted I don't have my fishing gear





Occasionally, a cyclist would cycle by



Beautiful river



Ahh..actually allowed to fish if you have a fishing license







Notice that my glasses are darken. The UV rays are high here!



Nearing the Toys'rus



Found it!



It's big!





Not many people





This looks like what Raiden would like...and it's cheap! However, later when I brought it to the counter, it showed as 14.98 pounds. However the nice lady said that since they did not update the price tag, they gave it to me for 9.96 pounds. Hooray!



Funny, they don't give me a bag. I hand carried the toy on the way back.
Passed by this Stadium, Home of the Rams





It's only 4+pm, and getting dark



Spooky road





More cyclist





Arm tired..





Hotel is near the expressway





About 5pm now



Later I found out that the water is a Bass fishing ground....Whooo..

The river is Derwent River



Desiree showed me this .UK is getting cold



TV also showing that there is a cold front coming in from the east



Due to jet lag, I woke up at 2am. Looking out the windows, I saw snow!
Quickly dressed up and run down to experience it!





Very light snow only. It immediately melted to water on my hand

https://youtu.be/apK0przarHIhttps://youtu.be/apK0przarHI


Comments

Popular Posts