Trip to UK, Derby, London - Day 6

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6

[Day 6]

My last day here. My Plane was at 10:55, so I planned to head out to airport at 8:00

I had thought that the Paddington Station was the tube, but I was wrong. Looking out my hotel window (for the first time), I saw that there was a TRAIN station behind me, the real Paddington Station!



I quickly dressed up and headed there to have breakfast and recee



It's about 6.30am. Found the Heathrow Express Train! That should be easy..



Located the famed Paddington bear statue under the clock

















Interesting shop, the Beer House









Having breakfast here





Shop selling Paddington Bears. The exact one that I got for Raiden at the Souvenier Shop



Another shop



Cute Mr Bean Beanie. I bought one for Jervios (But Raiden said it's his)



Morning is breaking



Ah...the find outers! My favourite Enid Blyton stories





My hotel is bathe in a golden sheen..



I am in the Heathrow Express...looks comfortable..





Five minutes later...the announcement was made that the line was down!

The station master said could use the tube. Ok, I give it a try



I got lost, but managed to finally find the connection station to the Piccadilly line







Ok, this is the right train to the airport



It was packed! I was carrying 4 bags...struggled to find a place to stand



The train lines were pretty complicated





The journey was long, and it took about 1 hour. By then, it was already passed 10am. (my flight is 10:55)

Finally at the outskirts, reaching the airport



The train is not so packed now



Reaching the airport (about 10: 20am) I was told that the gate had closed. I had missed my flight.
The counter lady was kind to reschedule it for me. However, I could not check in as there was a system problem. I had to come back around 5.30pm when the SQ staff were to be around.

No choice, had to find a place to crash. Buying coffee at the Costa





Managed to find a quieter spot to wait at the arrival hall. Departure hall was packed..



Outside, it was still cold and raining..







At 5.20pm, I managed to check in and enter the boarding gate. Inside, it is more comfortable and there were many shops







SQ321, the plane that was taking me home



Decent meals on the plane



Backside aching...almost reaching



Happy Boy with his "Super Crane"



Some of the goodies I brought back









Comments

Popular Posts