Trip to UK, Derby, London - Day 5

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6

[Day 5]

Last day here. Usual morning walk at Intu Mall

A wet morning



I enjoyed the last breakfast. Do it again





Went into Intu to walk about

Deserted in the morning



The 1£ shop 



Scary costume





A music shop



Took another way back to the hotel beside the river







Dead rising kind of shop


Crossed over the highway



At the hotel, stock take on how much money I have left. Not bad, spent very little..





Ok, my transport is here (to go London)



On the way!



Reaching the city centre. Paddington is near the city centre



Recept at the hotel. Checked in, but room not ready



Left my stuff at the concierge, out I go



Indeed, the hotel is just across the street from the Paddington Station





Looks similar







First target, the tower bridge. The station is "Tower Hill"


This is Tower Bridge (not London Bridge)







The entire bridge



Looking from bottom



Walking to London bridge



Offices lined the river (Thames River)



Weather is cold here. Especially with the wind



London bridge is the one further down the river



There was a battle ship berthed here



Directions



Not sure if this sharp building is famous..



This is the real London Bridge



Panorama view



Near the station, there is Tower London Shop. Tower London is like a castle beside the Tower Bridge








Need to pay to go in. I have no time..





Back to the train station and headed for Westminister (for Buckingham Palace)









Roads have warning sign on the road







That is the London Eye (where my finger is pointing)



Walking through St James Park, very beautiful, leading to the palace




Common to see people with bird feeds feeding the animals







This squirrel is totally tame...and not scared of humans at all..



At the Buckingham Palace


London iconic phone booth



Hey, dogs are allowed on train?



Very complex train map



Check in now. Nice looking room, but no time...dumped my stuff and out I go again..to hunt for British Museum



Trying out the Citymapper app, I tried to take a bus. Bus 27 it said



Annoying Filipino yakking beside me non stop on phone. I changed seats after 15 mins



Nice building



London traffic. It got worse later..







I realized that I was traveling away! Alighted and tried to take a cab there to make up for the lost time



Drove past Hyde Park



Finally at the British Museum



It's free but security is tight




Gift shop I think



Did an expedited tour, hardly stop to read anything















You Dum Dum



























































Obediently, I donated £5



Very hungry by now, had not eaten the whole day

Spotted this "Fish & Chips" place. I am in England right? Die die must





Not bad..The waitress also very friendly..



I decided to walk back to the hotel. From google map, it does not look far. estimated 1 hour

Vibrant street scenes...a lot of buskers








Chinese shops











Back at the Paddington Hotel. The bear is the mascot






Next



Comments

Popular Posts